As of late May 2016 Ancestry is using a new microarray with higher coverage, Category:On_chip_Ancestry_v2.
- Log into http://ancestry.com
- Click on "Your DNA Home Page"
- Click on "Settings"
- in the Actions Pane which denotes "Download your raw DNA data" click on "Get Started"
- Follow their instructions
- When the download is complete visit https://promethease.com
- Click on "Upload from your computer"
- Navigate to your Downloads folder and upload the zip file
Raw data for a female often seems to have a small amount of Y chromosomal data reported. This has caused problems where Promethease has been confused. A discussion about this is visible at
For the benefit of anyone looking at Ancestry.com data files, be aware that the designation of chromosomes "23", "24" and "25" in these files indicate the following:
- If the Ancestry.com data file says a SNP is from chromosome 23, it's actually from the X chromosome.
- If it indicates chromosome 24, it's from the portion of the Y chromosome that is not part of the pseudoautosomal region.
- If it indicates chromosome 25, the designated SNP is from the pseudoautosomal region of the Y chromosome.