What is Promethease?
Promethease is a literature retrieval system that creates a personal DNA report based on your DNA data, taking into account all the scientific and medical literature cited in SNPedia. Customers of DNA testing services (Ancestry.com, 23andMe, FamilyTreeDNA, Genos, Complete Genomics, WeGene, ...) use Promethease to learn more about their DNA variants, independent of whichever company produced the raw DNA data.
To make a report go to URL promethease.com
This takes about 10-20 minutes and costs $12 (USD; all credit cards and major currencies are accepted; paypal not accepted).
Multiple raw data files can be combined to create a report for +$4 per additional file if uploaded during the same session.
There a 2 very different multiple file scenarios:
- Here is me on companyA and a second file with me on companyB. This is 'Self' and 'Self'. It is useful for pooling these together into a larger report, and highlighting conflicting genotypes.
- Here is 2 different people, make a report about person1 showing person2 values for comparison. This is 'Self' and 'Other'. It is useful for a "me compared to my sister" style reports.
We do not provide phone support, but a recent change with our payment processor requires us to list a phone (painfully ironic). The number on the receipt will always ring busy. For help email email@example.com or visit https://www.reddit.com/r/promethease
Sample Promethease reports from a person tested on different 23andMe DNA chip versions:
Sample Promethease reports for another person based on data from different companies (23andMe, FamilyTreeDNA):
Sample Promethease reports from different people and companies:
Tell Me More
- A self-guiding Tutorial also appears each time a Promethease report is opened
- Users may pool data from different companies together (and see any data conflicts)
- All data to be pooled should be uploaded from your computer (in other words, do not transfer directly from 23andMe; download a copy of your data to your own computer first, then upload it)
- SNPedia and Promethease are proud to have been helping people learn about their DNA for over a decade
- Need to learn some basic genetics? Check out this SNPedia FAQ
- How to make and read a Promethease report
- Reading a report
- Features of a paid report
- Creating a report from your desktop
Report problems and workarounds at Talk:Promethease or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd like to test it, you can use this as test data.
Promethease and your privacy
How to get your raw data
These file formats are understood.
Interested in asking questions or discussing results with a genetic counselor? See Find a genetic counselor
For colorblind usersː In Promethease you can change the colors of your Promethease report to improve legibility. Just change the 'Vision' pull-down located below and to the left of the pie chart in the sidebar to the right.
Read more about certain features of Promethease.
If you have any problems, we're good about refunds, but it can sometimes take 24h before you'll get a response to your mail. Please be patient, and send detailed bug reports to email@example.com. Please notify promptly, as we are unable to issue refunds for transactions after 5 days.