Promethease/Free Runs Dec 2017-Jan 2018
Scroll down for FAQ
In the past, we always deleted your raw data within 24 hours. That meant you had to re-upload (and pay again) for every updated report. We now have improved infrastructure in place that allows you to upload your data once and then generate updated reports free of charge, whenever you want.
We added this infrastructure so we could use de-identified stored data to better assess the accuracy of the raw data produced by different companies, platforms and technologies. This will also allow us to provide the best, independent assessment of true vs. false data in future Promethease reports and add new features.
As a Promethease user you're probably familiar with the value of getting updated reports from time to time. SNPedia's content, upon which Promethease reports are based, doubles almost every year, and Promethease's interface is always improving to enable better searching, filtering and exporting options.
To support this new capability, we are now allowing free data uploads until
December 31 January 15, as a holiday gift to our users. We invite you to re-upload DNA data for free now and receive a new report. You will be able to generate updated reports in the future without uploading or paying. To take advantage of this opportunity follow the simple steps below:
- Go to https://www.promethease.com
- Check all the checkboxes and click "I agree"
- Click "Upload raw data" or "Import" it again.
- When prompted, click the "Get free report" button.
- If you want to get free updates in the future, enable the storage option which allows us to save your data and generate updated reports for you.
- Pick a password for your account.
- Wait about 5 minutes to receive your first report.
From then on, you'll be able to visit Promethease.com whenever you want, login to your account, and generate up-to-date reports for free. You can also delete your stored DNA data from the same page, at any time.
It's as easy as that.
Get started at https://www.promethease.com
- I’ve used Promethease before, so why isn’t my email being recognized as an account?
- Accounts on Promethease.com began in September of 2017. If you used Promethease before that time, your email address could not have been used to create an account. If you wish to create an account now, you may do so.
- What do we mean by “de-identified stored data”?
- We pool at least one thousand genomes together at a time to assess variant frequencies, and we do aggregation, we do so without carrying any name, email address or specific name into the analysis.
- This aggregation step preserves your privacy. You can remove your data completely at any time.
- Can I put raw data from different people in my account?
- Yes, you can store as many raw data files as you wish. We strongly encourage you to name the files (before uploading them to our site!) with names that help you keep track of their origin. Currently, you cannot rename an existing stored file, but we hope to support that in time.
- In my account, is my raw data being stored, or my Promethease report, or both?
- Your Promethease report is stored for 45 days, at which point it is automatically deleted. Once it is deleted, you can generate a new Promethease report from your (stored) raw data at any time.
- Your raw data is stored indefinitely. You can delete it at any time.
email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question