The numbers below are reflective of October 2016, but the general trend should remain.
Promethease reports for
- FamilyTree DNA
- old Ancestry.com v1
- will produce reports with ~13k genotypes
- 23andMe v4
- will produce reports with ~20k genotypes
- 23andMe v3
- will produce reports with ~24k genotypes. v2 and v1 have ~15k genotypes. All of these seem increasingly rare.
- Ancestry.com v2
- will produce reports with ~47k genotypes
- Whole genome but VCF4.1 or earlier
- does not usually report normals, ~16k genotypes
- Whole genome but VCF4.2
- usually does report normals, 60k genotypes